Friday, June 5, 2009

Spirit Vine


A new band out of Los Angeles, Spirit Vine, has captured the essence of the peace and love movement of the late 60s. From the moment I heard their contribution to the Psyilocybin Sounds compilation Open Your Mind, a song titled 1122, I felt an overwhelming feeling of joy, relaxation, and a general sense of well-being envelope me. As the song went on, so did the lovely feelings it evokes. So the song 1122 went on repeat.

Now as I listen to all of the songs Spirit Vine has put to play on their MySpace, I want to share them with my fellow psycho-nauts. Jacquelinne has the voice: soulful and introspective. Gabriel sometimes sings with her, creating the male-female vocal stylings that give shivers. I could listen to this all day. Spirit Vine has their own blog which does say the magic words I love to hear: they are working on recording a full-length album. Soon, the magical, mystical songs of the Spirit Vine will be available for purchase on a CD. Check them out now; begin the journey. Leave the worries of the world outside for a moment. Find your psychedelic soul within these songs.

No comments: