Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The new wave of psychedelic music

As I lovingly call it, neo-psychedlic rock music, comes to me in many different creations, with different themes and moods coming from the many fantastic artists making it today. Some songs come through to me as a bit dark and sinister and sexy (Black Market Karma: Take My Soul, The Bavarian Druglords: Fangs); some songs come through to me as light as hugging a cloud (Sky Parade: Love Is Forever). There is a long & beautiful road with many branches to follow between these two forks of neo-psych, and I love the sights these bands show me along the way. All of this music seems rooted in the past, from the 60s and early 70s, times of stuggle, strife, change, and dreams of a beautiful present and future..........no wonder musicians are revisiting these themes today with their music. Those words sound like they could describe the world I live in today.

No comments: